Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Chi-Gurl and Me with a dash of Moo-Cat

Seriously, if it wasn't for this little dog of mine, I wouldn't even see a hint of light at the end of the proverbial tunnel.  She is the one and only thing that keeps me going in this world!  I think for those who suffer from depression, having a pet can do wonders for the psyche.  They give you a reason to get up in the morning and they reduce stress levels by being able hold them and pet/scratch/belly rub them. 
Yes, I suffer from depression, I wouldn't say I'm ashamed to admit it, but it's not really something I'm proud of either.  It can be incredibly debilitating, even while on medication. Certain things trigger it and when you add in a lot of anxiety and worry it can become nothing short of overwhelming.
I also think I've turned down the road to perimenopause.  YAY ME  Any female, in my age group, may be well aware of the symptoms and frustrations that go along with it too. Lately, it's been mood swings, sleeplessness, fatigue, headaches and a fuzzy brain as I like to call it.  I have had some night sweatiness, but nothing too bad yet.
But, back to my doggie, she's not perfect, but she's perfect for me.  Sometimes I wonder if she's not a departed family member who has been reincarnated as my companion? Although she was born in Nevada, anything is possible, right? Even the Moo-cat tolerates her and they get along quite nicely.  If only they had more space to play, like they used too. 
Please, for the Love of......soon!!

No comments: